Friday, May 30, 2008

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. I heard from all my favorite people and that made it a great day. I especially loved it when Nancy sang the birthday song to me. Brought tears to my eyes.

So here's a funny story. Winston called me last night and the conversation went something like this:

"I wanted to speak to a 60 year old woman."

"Then you'll have to call me next year because I'm only 59!"

"Are you sure?"

"Unnhhh! YEAH! I was born in 1949!"


Today has been another really good day healthwise -- as long as I take the Motrin regularly, I function pretty well. I'm not dancing any jigs, but I'm getting errands run and doing a few things at home. That's 3 days in a row and I'm feeling just like Ginger when she says "I'm so happy, if I was a dog my tail would be wagging!"


This morning I made another tote. I stopped at DollarTree yesterday and bought a bare-minimum kind of tote that I thought had some possibilities, so here's the before and after pictures. Bear in mind, it's just a prototype.


BEFORE
AFTER




For the next one, I think I'll use a different (similar but stiffer) fabric for the lining and I'll make the embroidered initial Hot Pink instead of orange. Let me know what you think. I need the constructive feedback because I bought 2 more of these today and I'm going to try to sell them on ebay.

Well, my Sweetheart is home now and we've got barbeque, potato salad, Dos Equis and a movie for dinner at our favorite theatre-- our sitting room. Okay -- none of the food is low calorie or low fat, but it's Friday night!

Gotta celebrate Friday!

1 comment:

Glorysue said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Lady as I was doing your hair yesterday I didn't realize ,, YESTERDAY was your B-day for some reason I was thinking it was last week. Your pictures look awesome. I think I want one of them Hand Bags You have time to make me one before my trip?