Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tomorrow is my Kirsten's birthday!

So today I made her a tote. This is a new design especially for her. I don't think you can tell by the picture, but the ribbons I used for the handles and the black ribbon on the tote itself are all grosgrain ribbons. Sometimes they photograph a little strangely, but they are just plain grosgrain.


I also used a magnetic closure on this one (first time I've used that and it wasn't difficult at all). And I put 2 pockets inside, which should be useful. I'm really hoping she likes it.


I heard from Andy on Sunday. He's not going to Seattle right away. He's making pretty good money from the music/band, so he's going to stay in Iowa a few weeks and then he's going to Albany, NY to visit Mike. The plan du jour takes him from NY back to Iowa for a few weeks and then he's going to come to Texas for a few weeks.


It was good to hear him so excited about the music. They "rocked the joint" when they played on Saturday night and he's making more with this band than he has in the past, so he was really jazzed.


We're still waiting to hear from the doctor regarding when Bob will have his next procedure. Next week is a possibility, but we haven't heard anything definite. I'll post updates as they come in.


It was so good to see some of the family this last weekend. It's times like this we need each other the most and it's such a comfort to feel the sweet welcome of family.


Love you all.

No comments: