Friday, October 24, 2008

Busy, busy, busy! I'm continually surprised at how busy a retired person -- no longer a slave to the evil empire -- can be! Bob leaves the house around 6am and I begin my day at the same time. And I finish about the time he walks through the door. I'm working my butt off, but it's g-o-o-o-o-o-d! I set the pace and I decide the projects. I LOVE being retired. Sometimes I think about going back to work ... maybe as a temp. I'm pretty isolated out here and since I'm a very social creature, it's been a big shift for me to be alone so much. On the other hand, I have an early morning chat with Billie & Nancy every morning, sometimes Nancy and I email back and forth during the day and Bob and I talk several times a day, so I'm not completely isolated. And I've always been the type of person who becomes very focused on the current project, so the day just flies by.

The weather continues to be excellent, so we'll probably go sailing again tomorrow. I love this sailboat! It's just the perfect size for these day trips -- at some point, we'll try an overnighter in it, but maybe we should wait till spring. We've really enjoyed exploring Lake Ray Roberts. And we've discovered the Johnson Branch of the state park is not as crowded as Isle du Bois, so we've been launching from there. It's really very pretty. Sometimes it reminds me just a little of Lake in upstate New York. I'm not sure why, but it does.
I've got an etsy shop now called Little Sassy. Nancy is setting up a shop called Sump'n Sassy and Billie's will be Oddly Sassy (which I love completely!). I haven't put any products in my shop yet, because I wanted to start out with a big bunch of things - rather than just filling it up in dribs and drabs. I thought it would be better marketing if viewers have multiple interesting items to see rather than just one or two. I thought I would preview some of the items on the blog here. I've got a couple of ideas I think will be really good and Bob and I have been tossing around a couple of others. I'll add them here as soon as I can get the prototypes made.
This says God bless you!

This is purple, has a red hat on one side and says Hattitude.


This is made of pink UT longhorns fabric. I love this fabric!




I've got a full day ahead, so I'd better sign off and get to it. It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! So have a blessed weekend.


No comments: