Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ginger and Sonny. And, Ginger, the true reason Billie and I sounded so awful singing Happy B-day was because of the lag-time you get when two people are on the cell phone. I'll bet it sounded hilarious from your end ... or awful ... it could have sounded really awful. Now that I think about it, it probably sounded awful. Just delete it.

Hope ya'll both had a great birthday! Me me me me me.

We've been busy, busy, busy all weekend. And my internal clock is off due to the time change. I'm constantly surprised when I see what time it is. Spring forward. Right. Not a lot of spring-ing going on here at my house.

I saw Mark for awhile today. He's always such an inspiration to me. His love for God is still so new that it breathes fresh air into this (old) Christian. He's like a baby still learning to walk in the Lord and it makes my heart so glad -- even while it convicts me of my own lack of faithfulness. I truly, truly, truly believe it only takes one dedicated person to make a huge difference in our society -- Billy Graham is a good example of that premise. So why am I not more dedicated? Why do I continue to let the world draw me in to the same-old same-old thing, distracting me from"fighting the good fight" as Mom used to say? These are things I contemplate in the quiet of a Sunday afternoon.

Most of the snow has melted out here, but the shadowy, northern side of the house still has a few snowy remnants. When I was outside earlier, I noticed my daylilies are peeking through the snow, so Bob snapped a quick picture for me. They look so pretty! Can't wait for spring & warmer weather.

Bob cooked a wonderful breakfast for me yesterday (while I was in the shower). He used the griddle, cut a hole in each piece of bread and broke an egg into it. I've heard it called Toad in the Hole, but I'm not sure if that's the correct name for it. Looks pretty good, huh? Am I blessed with a good husband, or what?

I'll be working with Bob for one more week and then I can get back to my Donna Reed routine. But I hear the laundry calling me now. Better get to it.



No comments: