Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring is definitely here. The grass is growing on our ten acres (gotta get moving on it), the trees are leafing out and the weather is much, much warmer. This morning I saw Mr. & Mrs. Cardinal in a tree right next to the house. That's a first for us because they usually stay in the woods not far from here. I love this time of year. Need to gather some more Irises to brighten up the house.

Recently I read about an interesting study in Barbara Currie's book Look 15 Years Younger.

"Harvard psychologist Ellen Langer conducted a fascinating experiment. She took
groups of men in their seventies and eighties and encouraged them to think, act
and be as if they were 20 years younger. After doing this for only 5 days these
men showed a number of physical changes associated with age reversal. Their
bearing and vision had improved, they performed better on tests of manual
dexterity and joint mobility had improved."


So, this morning Billie, Nancy and I decided we are triplets who are all 38. I'm not going to wear granny clothes anymore. No need to dress like I'm over the hill anymore. Wearing my BlowPop PJ's. Can't feel old in bright orange BlowPops PJ's!

RealAge has an article about how to lose fat around the middle. http://www.realage.com/ct/eat-smart/food-and-nutrition/tip/5487 This is exactly what I need!

And the article included a link to an Amazon book which looks great! Whole Grain Breads by Machine or Hand: 200 Delicious, Healthful, Simple Recipes. I previewed the book and one thing I really like is you have several choices regarding how you're going to make the bread. You can mix and knead by hand OR use a heavy-duty mixer OR use a food processor OR use a bread machine. I already have a pizza dough recipe for the food processer which I love because it;s quick and easy and I can morph it into cinnamon rolls or breadsticks or whatever. So I think this book will be perfect for me because I was wanting to add more whole grains into our meals. And I can use my Kitchen Aid mixer or my food processor to make the recipes. Good find! Go me!

I found a great blog (through Martha Stewart). It's http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ and you should check it out. I'm trying to make those pretty little "Cupcake pops" today but my icing isn't as good as hers. Gonna keep working on it. Love it!

God bless you and keep you. Have a FABULOUS Monday and a wonderful week. Whoopeee! Glad to be feeling better!

1 comment:

TexNan said...

Triplets? I think you're gonna have to change that. Ginge wants in, and if I know the rest of the sisters, so will they. What will it be then? Quintuplets? Go, us!