Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MORNING SONG

When we were little girls, during the school year Mom would come to each of our bedrooms, open the door and turn on the overhead light to wake us. Many mornings, she'd be humming or singing a song. When I reached the grumpy teenage years, I would grumble and think, "MOM! It's too early to be that cheerful!". I never actually said the words out loud because I wanted to achieve adulthood.

Now, though, I find myself singing just as she did, even when I'm alone. And every day I wake up with a song in my head. For awhile now, it's been Mama Mia or Dancing Queen or Chiquitita -- I just LUVD the Mama Mia movie and I've had a blast singing along with the CD. Sometimes it's something from the Flylady CD, Up Kind of Day because they're so upbeat and fun. And sometimes it's old showtunes -- just love old showtunes.

However, this morning the lyrics-of-the-day are "I love you Lord and I lift my voice to worship you, Oh my soul rejoice". This is a good version of the song and it includes lyrics so you can share in the fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoNeeHbM7Og&feature=related

Have a truly BLESSED ... and musical ... Wednesday.

No comments: