Friday, December 26, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Due to an untimely flu bug, I almost missed Christmas! Well, the flu plus DH’s accident that put his car in the shop. He’s been driving my little green bug, God bless him! I didn’t mind being housebound because I felt too bad to get out, anyway. But I was beginning to worry that Christmas wouldn’t happen if I didn’t feel better SOON.

And I’ve been suffering from some serious blog envy of all those wonderful people who put pictures of their lovely decorated homes on their blogs. My Christmas tree didn’t go up until Monday.

Then I decorated on Tuesday. (Sorry about the flash/glare).

And then on Wednesday there was the wrapping and wrapping. Even though some of the gifts were small – and some were of the gag variety (Kirsten got purple Duct tape in her stocking – Erika’s was turquoise and Mark’s was camouflage -- a little strange, but very funny ... yet oddly useful!), I still wrapped them all and put a pretty ribbon on it.

Bless him, DH did most of the cooking for Christmas dinner. I didn’t get the dining table ready for till after the girls arrived. It’s sort of like that old vaudeville act …. S-l-o-w-l-y I turn, step by step, inch by inch.


But in the end, it all came together and we had a wonderful time. There was much laughter with lots of hugs and kisses. The food was good and the love and champagne flowed equally.


Hark now hear the angels sing
A king was born today
And man shall live forevermore
Because of Christmas Day.

I hope you had a blessed Christmas.

No comments: