Monday, December 29, 2008

Mark's 26th Birthday

Today Mark is 26 years old!! I met him at Sweetwater Grill (one block south of the Denton square) for lunch along with Lindsey and his best friend, Pat. DH and I got Mark a digital camera and when he opened it, all he said was ... "SWEET!" Apparently he's been wanting one for awhile. Naturally, being a young person, he figured out how to use it immediately. Probably won't even need the documentation!


And I got a good picture of the "three amigos".


I can highly recommend the Bubba burger I had for lunch. It was great. What's not to like - blue cheese and bacon on a luscious burger. AND the sweet potato french fries were to die for.

I gave Lindsey, Pat and Mark each a basket of goodies ... rum cake, buckeyes, people chow (aka white trash) and chocolate almond cookies. Mark always brags about his Mama's cooking, so I try hard to meet up to the reputation he's given me! My kitchen looks like hurricane Daisy went through there.

I also made him the ugliest birthday cake I think I've ever made. I hate it when the crumbs get into the icing, don't you? Soooooooo, I just disguised the imperfection by putting multicolor sprinkles all over the cake. You couldn't tell it started out b&tt ugly -- it looked pretty good when I was finished! Thank God for sprinkles because I don't think toasted slivered almonds would have done the trick!

Have a wonderfully imperfect but covered in sprinkles Monday.

No comments: