Thursday, January 22, 2009

BLAH BLAH -- BLESSING

BLAH BLAH BLAH
My life has been a little hectic lately. It always seems I'm dealing with one deadline after another and I have a hard time getting in front of the wave. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I know ... we all suffer from too much to do. And lately it's been getting on my nerves. Who knows why things have snowballed on me, but it's been making me grumpy and I haven't been able to bounce back as quickly. Blame it on the sinus headaches. Blame it on my ever advancing age. BLAH BLAH BLAH.


Anyway, Andy is coming home for awhile and he called yesterday to let us know and to ask us to buy the bus ticket. Although it's an inconvenience and an expense we weren't counting on, it's still an answer to prayer, so we're happy.

We started to buy the ticket online, but Andy needs to bring two bags with him and the second bag will be an extra $10.00 ... which he doesn't have and you can't purchase the extra baggage allowance online. Soooo I had to go down to the bus terminal this morning.

The conversation went something like this:
"I need to puchase a one way ticket from Colorado Springs to Denton." Blank stare. At first he insisted I can't do that but I convinced him I can -- I've done this before.

"Departure city?"
"Colorado Springs."
"Springs?"
"Yes, Colorado Springs."
"Springs."
"The name of the city is Colorado Springs."
"Okay .... one way ticket from Springfield, Colorado."
"No .... one way from Colorado Springs, Colorado!"

I won't go into the rest of the laborious transaction (they had to start over twice and go through the whole "your name is...? your address is ...? your telephone number is ...? the ticket is for...?" process three times before I finally got a ticket!!)

Then it took 10 plus attempts to reach Andy because of telephone problems on his end (it asked for a room number, but when I input the room number it would say I was recording a message). BLAH BLAH BLAH.

BLESSING


So after I got all this wrapped up, I went into the grocery store to pick up a few things and while I was getting some matchbooks (I love to cover matchbooks as a small give-away) a woman walked up to me and asked if I use Worcestershire Sauce.

Strange question! But I said yes.

She gave me two 50 cent off coupons and grabbed a couple of bottles of sauce to put in my basket. "They're free with the coupons because Kroger doubles coupons."

WOW! I thanked her and walked away with such a feeling of blessing. How kind of her to brighten my day! And it didn't cost her anything but her time and effort.

It made me realize -- again -- that it takes so little to cheer someone else. It doesn't have to be a coupon ... it can be a smile ... or letting someone else go before you in line ... or a kind word or helpful hand.

I'm thankful for the teensy blessing that cheered my whole day.

Bless YOU on this beautiful Thursday.

No comments: