Monday, November 8, 2010

Vacation Part I - Panama Beach City

We're on vacation ... well, actually, we're combining some vacation time with a business conference, but who cares! VACATION ... WOOHOO!!!

On our way to the conference, we stopped over in Panama City Beach, Florida. The water is a beautiful clear aqua ... gorgeous! The last time I saw a beach this beautiful I was in St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. White, white sands and clear aqua ocean. That's what I'm talking about!

Our hotel was on the beach and our room was on the 14th floor. No problem. Except ...


I really hate high places. I mean I really, really hate heights.

When the boys were little and I'd take them to the observatory of a tall building ... the Empire State Building for instance ... I would always hold onto the back of their shirts while they peered out the windows. Intellectually I knew they weren't going to fall out the window, but I wasn't taking any chances. My palms would sweat and I would grip their shirts ... just in case.

These days if I go up in a high building, I stay to the center of the building. Glass windows, steel bars, nothing makes me feel safe. I have to hug the center of the building.

Sooooo, we went up the elevator to the 14th floor (I averted my eyes from the glass side of the elevator that shows how high we were going). We stepped out into the elevator foyer and around the corner to get to our room.


Big surprise! An open air hallway!


We were on the 14th floor and we had wide open spaces to our right. YAAA! I kept my eyes on the floor till I made it to the room.

And what a lovely room!


We enjoyed the view from the balcony.

And we loved our walk on the beach. Such a beautiful beach.


My sweet darlin' and I picking up shells.



Taking foot shots.

And having beach hugs. (Images in the picture are not as large as they seem. Really. Really!)


Probably the most interesting person we met on the beach was a rabbit named Gracie. Although we weren't expecting to see a rabbit on the beach, we were completely charmed by him. Yes, HIM. His owners thought he was a female when they named him. But isn't he pretty. He almost disappears in the white sand, doesn't he?


The last morning we were there, we sat at the table next to the window, both of us tapping away on our laptops and I began to feel strange. I looked out the window. Hmmm. Now what does that remind me of?

Uh oh.


Are we in a Hitchcock movie?


In spite of the thrills, chills and quirky rabbits, we're really enjoying this vacation thing so far. We may do this again. HA!

1 comment:

Donna said...

This post reminds me of our honeymoon last year. We stayed in one of Panama’s luxurious rental condos. I really love the overlooking picturesque view of the beach on the balcony. What’s more fun is there are outdoor activities you can enjoy. We tried parasailing, snorkeling and kayaking. It was such a memorable honeymoon, and we love to go back there this year. Looks like you and your husband had a great time there. Love all your sweet photos taken there, especially the beach hugs. Want to try it too. :) #Donna Parsley