Monday, July 21, 2008

Well, I've been working hard for days on a new project: miniature doll-house rugs.

I know that's quite a surprise because I don't even own a dollhouse. Although it may seem I've taken a big left turn, the little rugs make perfect sense to me. I love making rugs -- the big kind -- and I'm really lovin' my new embroidery machine. It's just a small leap to the left to get you to miniature doll-house rugs.

I've studied the ebay market and have decided I can make a little money at doing something really fun. So I've spent hours on end for days and days with my head stuck deep into my computer learning the Autopunch software and creating designs. So much so that Bob remarked last week he's afraid he'll come home one day to find just my foot sticking out of the computer because I've become completely absorbed into the ether. He's bravely promised to grab my foot and pull me out!



Well, I finally produced my first rug. Okay the design on this one isn't my own -- it's a coaster from Emblibrary.com http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Color_Simple.aspx?CS_Catalog=Emblibrary&CS_ProductID=C2745 I figured I'd better start with something "canned" and move on from there to my own designs.




I changed the colors from the original design to make it look more like an Aubusson rug and then I fringed the fabric. I thought it turned out pretty good. I'm working on a design of my own right this moment. As soon as I'm finished with it, I'll post a picture.


Gotta LOT to accomplish today, so I'll close for now.


Have a great MONDAY!

1 comment:

TexNan said...

Love the rug! Yunno, my suggestion about felt would work well with a more primitive design, but IMO this Aubusson style is better as is.

Go, Daisy!